King of Bali and Beach Hut's Journey

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Emotions

August 10, 2006

Today is not a good day for me; I woke up around 3am because my stomach is having problems, then come 5am I woke up again to go to the toilet. I wasn’t able to go to Kuta today because I have some problem on my stomach, but I was able to go to the internet café for a while, I was able to chat to Brian, my colleague in Thailand, it’s a good thing he’s ok there, but I still feel sad coz he wasn’t able to close some deals there. I just told him to relax and don’t feel sad about his experience there, there is always a next time I said. And some words to cheer him up also.

Doing this kind of work is really difficult, especially if you are alone and working in a different country, there are so many adjustments that you have to make, so many trials you have to conquer, and especially that your love ones are thousand miles away from you. but there are so many things I’ve learned about this experience, almost ended my life on the beach, got lost several times, drive on the left side of the road, learning Bahasa language, talking to people who doesn’t understands you, eat spicy and very spicy foods etc… but the only thing I did here is to be myself, to enjoy my stay here, loneliness for me is my enemy here, even though I got used to be alone in Philippines coz I’m an only child, hehehe.. but I remember when I first chatted to my dad he just said don’t look at the calendar, it will just make you lonely, at first I laughed but I just realized it is true, now It’s only 11 days to go and I’m back in my country again.

I’m so happy that I’ve accomplished my tasks here. Even though not 100%, but I hope that my company and my boss’s and friends in my office is happy also and proud that our product, Beach Hut sunblock made it through international market. I really salute Dennis, his wife Emily, and all the people of Naturale Labs. For their great courage and confidence of bringing Beach Hut to international market. I like also to thank Dennis and Emily and also Mara, my Marketing Manager for their unending support, trust & confidence and believing in me that I can bring Beach Hut in Bali, Indonesia. I may not accomplish all the tasks here but I’m confident that my next country to visit will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home